Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life... he who feeds on this bread will live forever" (John 6:35 & 58)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Even The Very Hairs Of Your Head Are Numbered

A few years ago at the age of four, my daughter decided it was a good idea to give herself a haircut.  She found a pair of scissors and placed two very strategic cuts on either side of her head.  One was just over the right ear and one was just over left.  Yes my friends... she gave herself a mullet.  Needless to say, I had to quickly find a hair stylist who could fix my daughter's handy work.  Thankfully, I found somebody that was able to trim up the back and give her a cute - albeit short - style.   

Unfortunately, all too many of us live our lives with the same guiding mentality as a four-year-old with scissors: "I can do it all by myself!"  We want to be our own boss and make our own destiny.  And we end up with results similar to an 80's haircut - sure it might look great for a little while, but eventually it stops working.  Eventually we have to admit we need help.  Eventually we must look to a professional who can fix all our messes and mullets.

What about you?  Have you put your life in The Professional's hands?  Or do you still think you don't need anyone's help?  If God is capable of creating and sustaining all life, surely He can be trusted to guide and manage yours. 

If you've never actually surrendered your "spiritual scissors" to the only One who can and will give you life to the fullest, then start today!  Confess your childlike defiance and ask that He replace it with childlike faith.  Acknowledge the very things you once thought were cool - have now left you cold.  Trust Him with your life and watch how He will take your hot mess and exchange it for His Holy Ghost!  Allow Jesus to transform your mullet into His masterpiece.  He has done it for me and I know He will do it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment